General Information for Music Ministries at the Mill Church Café
The Mill Church Café’s Purpose
It is our goal at the Mill Church Café to provide a Christ Centered venue for Christians to have fun, fellowship and to be encouraged. It is also our goal to provide a place of ministry for those who have yet to experience the saving love, grace and forgiveness of our Lord, Jesus Christ. It is our vision to be ‘holy and set apart’ for the furthering of God’s Kingdom. We do not believe that we need to be like the world, or use the music or personalities of the world to draw people to Jesus. We believe it is the power of the Holy Spirit, and what is ‘different’ in our lives that will draw people to Him. As evil so blatantly and vehemently increases in this world, it is imperative that we set ourselves apart and become a beacon for those who are ready to receive their freedom from the deception and bondage they have been entangled in for so long. We believe this can only be accomplished if we totally submit ourselves to the power of the Holy Spirit and likeness of Jesus Christ.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17
This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind…” Ephesians 4:17 NKJ
1. Ministries must make demo music available to café director before booking consideration.
2. When booked for the café, please send the café director a brief bio and photo for advertising purposes as soon as possible.
3. Only ministries who perform 100% Christ centered music will be booked.
4. It is preferred that secular songs with changed lyrics are not used.
5. Contemporary, folk, blues, bluegrass, praise and worship and soft rock are the preferred genres of music. Drama, comedy and other outreach ministries are also welcome.
6. Offerings will be taken for the support of the music and the café. We cannot guarantee any size offering or predict attendance.
7. We are equipped with seven microphones, full drum kit, 88 Key weighted Alesis Keyboard, bass amp, four direct boxes, mixing board and sound technicians.
8. Bands are welcome to use any of our equipment. Just notify us at least one week before your venue and we will remove whatever you don’t need. Also let us know what time you will want to arrive to set up and do sound check.
9. All band members will receive free food and drink as needed.
10. Open Mic Nights are scheduled every 3 months. It is one of the best ways to be considered for booking and it is great exposure to play at one before your scheduled night!
We hope this information is helpful to you. For more information, you can contact Teddianne Parent via the website contact page or phone (508)864-5658. Thanks and See you at The Mill!